Once a Brightspace Administrator has setup the TechSmith Relay LTI integration, you'll be able to add content from your TechSmith Relay library to a course without ever leaving the Brightspace LMS. Use the steps below to add media to your Brightspace course and have TechSmith Relay report viewer data back to your course gradebook.
Add a TechSmith Relay Activity to Your Brightspace Course
- Log into Brightspace and select the course where you'd like to add TechSmith Relay media.
- From the course menu, select Content.
- Open the module where you'd like to add TechSmith Relay media.
- From the Existing Activites dropdown menu, select TechSmith Relay (this name is set by your Brightspace administrator and may vary).
- Your TechSmith Relay library will load, displaying your available media.
Option A: Add an individual video by clicking the Add Media button.
Option B: Add an entire folder of media (including any subfolders) by clicking the Add Folder button.
Note: No grade data will be reported to the Brightspace gradebook if an entire folder of media is selected. For more information on adding folders to your course, including frequently asked questions, see this support article.
- Your media is now linked to your course activity. When a student opens the activity, they will be able to watch the video and complete any quizzes.
Once an assignment has been completed, allow up to one hour for complete and accurate data to be synchronized between TechSmith Relay and the Brightspace gradebook.
- If there are TechSmith Relay quiz questions in the video, points will be awarded based on the percentage of correct answers.
- If there are no quiz questions, points will be awarded based on the percentage of the video watched. Example: A student watches 80% of the TechSmith Relay video. TechSmith Relay reports a score of 80/100 to the Brightspace gradebook.
- If you select an entire folder of media, no grade data will be reported.
- Any score automatically reported by TechSmith Relay can later be manually overwritten in the gradebook by the course instructor.
This is the complete list of our tutorials and guides for TechSmith Relay users and administrators.
Looking for TechSmith Relay (Self-Hosted) tutorials? We've got those, too.