Once a Moodle administrator has set up the TechSmith Relay LTI integration, instructors can add content from their TechSmith Relay media library without leaving the Moodle LMS. Videos or images that include a quiz can report results back to the Moodle gradebook.
Add TechSmith Relay Media to a Course
- Log into Moodle and navigate to the course where you'd like to add TechSmith Relay media.
- If editing is not already turned on, click Turn editing on to make editing options available.
- Click Add an activity or resource.
- Select External tool from the Activities list, and click Add.
- Give your activity a name and under the External tool type drop-down, select the TechSmith Relay tool (named by your LMS administrator).
- If you'd like TechSmith Relay quiz results sent back to the Moodle gradebook, enable those options in the Grade subsection, including setting the number of points possible.
What will be reported?
- If there are TechSmith Relay quiz questions in the video, points will be rewarded based on the percentage of correct answers.
- If there are no quiz questions, points will be awarded based on the percentage of the video watched. Example: A student watches 80% of the TechSmith Relay video. TechSmith Relay reports a score of 80/100 to the Moodle gradebook.
- If you select an entire folder of media, no grade data will be reported.
- Any score automatically reported by TechSmith Relay can later be manually overwritten in the course gradebook.
- Click Save and display to continue.
- Your TechSmith Relay library should open, displaying your available media.
Option A: Add an individual video by clicking the Add Media button.
Option B: Add an entire folder of media (including any subfolders) by clicking the Add Folder button.
Note: No grade data will be reported to the Moodle gradebook if an entire folder of media is selected. For more information on adding folders to your course, including frequently asked questions, see this support article.
- Your media is now linked to your Moodle activity. When a student opens the activity they will be able to view the media and complete any quizzes.
Once an activity has been completed, allow up to an hour for complete and accurate data to be synchronized between TechSmith Relay and the Moodle gradebook.
The complete list of tutorials and guides for TechSmith Relay users and administrators.
Looking for TechSmith Relay (Self-Hosted) tutorials? We've got those, too.