Frequently Asked Questions about Volume Licenses
- TechSmith software is licensed per user, what does "per user" mean?
Each user may install and use one copy of the software product on up to two computers for their sole use, provided only one computer is in use at any given time. This includes home and work, or a laptop and desktop.
- What is the difference between a single-user and multi-user license?
A single-user license includes a key for each copy purchased. A multi-user license provides one key for all users based on the number of licenses purchased. Multi-user licenses for Snagit, Camtasia Studio and Camtasia for Mac start at 5 users.
- What if there are workstations or labs where multiple users log on to a single computer?
In cases where a license is installed on a shared work station, one license may be purchased per computer. In this case, installation on a secondary computer is not permitted. All users on that computer are bound to the terms of the license agreement. Please contact sales to complete the agreement required to use the licenses in this manner.
- Can a license be transferred from one user to another?
The licensee may not transfer licenses between users on a short term basis. If a user permanently changes departments or leaves the company, the software may be uninstalled from the original user’s machine and reassigned to another user within the same organization.
- Will each user receive a CD?
With a multi-user license, one CD will be issued if a boxed copy is purchased. The CD should be used to install the software on each machine. If additional CD’s are required an additional cost may apply, please contact sales for more information.
- Can a multi-user license be used in multiple geographic locations?
As long as the software is still in use by the same organization, the software can be used at more than one geographical site. Each user, regardless of location, will count toward the total number of users licensed by the organization.
- Are there more multi-user licensing options than what is listed on the website?
Yes. For more multi-user and volume license information, please contact sales or call +1.517.381.2300.
- What if the key cannot be located?
An email confirmation is sent for each order which includes one key for all users per product. If it is not received, please contact sales.