Note: You can only connect and record iOS devices from Camtasia Mac. This option is not available on Camtasia Windows.
- Connect your iOS device with a Lightning cable to a computer running macOS 10.15 or later.
Note: The iOS device requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- In Camtasia, select File > New Recording.
- Camtasia Recorder opens. Click the Screen dropdown and select the iOS device from the Mobile Device section.
To learn how to set up the other recording options such as microphone or system audio, see Record, Edit, Share.
- Set up the desired screen on your device and click the Start Recording button in Camtasia.
- When you are finished recording the iOS device, click the Stop Recording button in Camtasia.
The recording opens in Camtasia Editor. Add gesture effects or a device frame to enhance your final video.
Add Gesture Effects
Gesture effects add visual effects that simulate taps, swipes, and pinches on mobile devices.
- Click the Gesture Effects tab.
- Drag a gesture effect onto the canvas.
- To change the duration of an effect, click the Show Effects tab on the timeline and drag the ends of the effect in or out.
- To edit the properties, click to select the effect on the timeline and edit the settings in the Properties panel.
Add a Device Frame
Add a device frame around an image or video clip to provide context and a professional look to your video.
To learn how to add a device frame, see Provide Context with Device Frames.