Select an area based on color to:
- Delete a background.
- Move or delete elements in a mockup.
This tool is ideal for selecting areas of a single color that do not include complex backgrounds or patterns.
Note: Snagit tools are only available for image captures. Share your video to TechSmith Camtasia to enhance it with annotations and effects.
- Click the Magic Wand tool in the Snagit Editor toolbar.
Note: If the tool is not visible in the toolbar, click the More dropdown. To customize your toolbar, see Customize the Snagit Toolbar.
- Edit the tool properties to customize the tool. See Tool Properties.
- Click to select an object or color block on the Canvas.
- In the Tool Properties, drag the Select slider to adjust the selection radius.
- Complete any of the following to edit the selection:
- Move an Object: Click and drag the selection or object to a new location.
- Delete the Object or Selection: Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) the selection and select Delete.
Snagit automatically fills the space of the moved or deleted object with the Background Fill option selected in the Tool Properties.
Edit the properties to customize the tool.
Drag the slider to adjust the range included in the selection.
Global Color Selection
Expand the selection to include all instances of the selected color within the image.
- Transparent: Fills area with transparency.
- AutoFill: Automatically fills the area based on the content surrounding the selection.
- Optimize for Speed (Windows only): Use for solid colored content or if fill details are not important.
- Optimize for Photo Quality (Windows only): Use for advanced customization and higher quality fill.