In this tutorial:
Dynamic Backgrounds add looping animations with customizable colors, speeds, and more to the background of your video.
Advantages of Dynamic Backgrounds
Here are three advantages to using a dynamic background vs. a traditional motion background:
- Smaller File Size
High-definition versions of traditional motion backgrounds have large file sizes. Dynamic backgrounds, with their smaller file sizes, allow you to use up less space on your hard drive and more space for your content.
- Seamless Looping & Unlimited Duration
Traditional motion backgrounds are usually a video file with a fixed length. It can be challenging to line up the beginning and end of the motion graphic clips to create a seamless loop. With dynamic backgrounds, you can customize to any duration by simply dragging the ends of the background on the timeline to the desired length, whether it’s 10 seconds or 10 minutes.
With traditional motion backgrounds, it’s not possible to adjust the colors, speed, or other visual settings. Each dynamic background has its own set of customizable properties. Explore the settings across the dynamic backgrounds in the properties.
3 Use Cases for Dynamic Backgrounds
Discover some applications for dynamic backgrounds to create the desired effect and make your professional videos stand out:
Enhance Your Titles & Intros
Add a dynamic background behind your title, outro, or call-to-action to enhance and draw attention to otherwise static, boring screens in your video.
Frame Your Screen Content
Draw viewers’ attention to screen content by visually framing a screen recording with colors and animations around content.
Add Motion for Visual Effect
Dynamic graphics provide motion to emphasize a point, visually engage and excite users, or create flow through the video’s transitions.
Add a Dynamic Background
- Click the Library tab.
- From the Library dropdown, select the Camtasia 2023 option.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the Dynamic Background folder to explore the available assets. Double-click an asset to preview it.
- Drag a dynamic background onto the timeline. If you already have content on your timeline, drag the background onto a track below the other timeline content in order for it to appear behind this content in the video.
- Click Properties to open the Properties panel.
- Each dynamic background has its own set of customizable properties, such as color, size, and speed. Edit the desired properties in the Dynamic Properties section.
- To change the duration, drag the end of the dynamic background in or out on the timeline.
Tip: Layer Multiple Dynamic Backgrounds to create a custom look.
You can layer backgrounds on top of each other. Drag two dynamic background onto the timeline. And then, drag a visual effect, such as the Blend Mode effect, onto the dynamic background on the top track on the timeline. Experiment with adding different effects to the layered backgrounds.
Can’t find dynamic backgrounds?
Dynamic backgrounds are only available in Camtasia 2023.
Get Camtasia 2023