TechSmith Fuse is a free mobile app that shares media from your mobile device to TechSmith Knowmia. It is available for iOS and Android devices.
Note: If you import an H.265 video into Fuse, it converts to H.264.
For users of Apple devices: Newer Apple devices natively record videos using the H.265 encoding format when using the Apple Camera app. Unfortunately, this video format is not compatible with Knowmia. For the best experience, use the Fuse app to record any videos you plan on uploading to your Knowmia library.
Install the TechSmith Fuse Mobile App
- Download and install Fuse from the app store.
Open Fuse on your mobile device and allow it to use your device’s camera and microphone. Fuse records videos and takes photos directly in the app.
Connect to Knowmia
- Tap Library > Settings > Knowmia.
- Tap Sign In.
- Follow the prompts to sign into your TechSmith Knowmia account.
If you don’t already have a TechSmith account, create a new one.
- Once logged in, select the destination (Knowmia Pro or Knowmia Enterprise) you want to share your Fuse media to. You can always change this later.
Note: If you only have one account, it sets the default destination for you.
- After signing in, your username and a Sign Out option appear at the top of the app.
- Tap Back and then Library.
Import a Video or Image to Fuse
- Open Fuse on your mobile device.
- Tap Import to import a video or image from your Photos app.
Note: You will need to Allow Access to All Photos in order to import media to your Fuse Library.
- Tap to select the media to import.
The media appears in your Fuse Library.
Share to Knowmia
- Open TechSmith Fuse on your mobile device.
- Tap media > Share > TechSmith Knowmia.
- Optionally, enter a name and description. You can change this information later in Knowmia.
- If you have multiple Knowmia accounts, you can change the destination here.
- Tap Send.
The media uploads to your Knowmia Library.