In this tutorial:
Each Snagit tool has a variety of default Quick Styles to quickly and easily annotate your image captures. Create your own customized styles and save them as Quick Styles to use again.
To save a Quick Style:
- In Snagit Editor, click to select a tool.
- In the Tool Properties panel, edit the desired properties. To learn more about the properties for each tool, see Snagit Tools tutorials.
- As you edit the properties, a new Quick Style appears below the existing styles. Click the icon to save the new Quick Style.
- To change its location within Quick Styles, click and drag to move it to a new location.
To delete a Quick Style, right-click on the style and select Delete Quick Style.
Tip: Share your Quick Styles.
To share your Quick Styles with others to maintain a consistent look, see Themes.
Snagit includes a variety of preset Quick Effects. When you customize an effect, save it as a Quick Effect for future use.
- In Snagit Editor, click the Effects button.
- Click to select an effect and edit the settings. See Add Effects.
- To save a Quick Effect, complete one of the following:
- Windows: After you edit the settings, click the Add to Quick Effects button in the settings dropdown.
- Mac: As you edit the settings, a new effect appears at the bottom of Quick Effects. Click the icon.
Save frequently-used Quick Styles and Quick Effects (Mac only) to Favorites. Favorites offer quick access to a wide variety of tools, styles, and effects in one location while editing.
- Create a Quick Style or Quick Effect (Mac only).
- Click the icon on the Quick Style or Quick Effect. The icon appears yellow when a Quick Style is saved to Favorites.
- To remove a Quick Style or Quick Effect from Favorites, click the yellow star icon on the style or effect.
Tip: Add Favorites to annotate Videos from Images.
Add Quick Styles such as arrows and shapes to your Favorites to draw on the screen while recording a video from images. See Turn Your Screenshots into a Video.
Note: This tutorial is for Snagit version 2023. Previous versions may look or function differently.