In this tutorial:
Import Zoom Recording
- Open Camtasia.
- Click the Media tab.
- Click > Import Media or double-click the Media Bin.
- Browse to select the Zoom recording and click Open (Windows) or Import (Mac).
- The imported media appears in the Media Bin. Drag the Zoom recording from the Media Bin onto the timeline.
Tip: Save time editing with variable speed shortcuts.
- Press J to reverse the timeline playback at normal (1x), 2x, 4x, or 8x speed.
- Press K to pause the timeline playback.
- Press L to play the timeline forward at normal (1x), 2x, 4x, or 8x speed.
Trim the Start and End
Trim out the wait time or conversations recorded before the Zoom call content begins.
- On the timeline, drag the end of the clip in or out.
- Drag the playhead to the desired location on the clip and click Play to preview the trimmed clip.
- Click and drag the green or red handles on the playhead to make a selection.
- Click the Cut button.
The selection is removed and the remaining media is stitched together.
Add audio points to adjust the volume for a part of the Zoom recording.
- On a clip with audio, double-click to add an audio point.
- Drag an audio point or line between audio points to raise or lower the volume.
See Editing Audio & Adding Effects.
Add an Intro or Outro
Intros are animations and text that provide context for the video’s content. Outros are animations and text that provide resources such as contact information, websites, and actions to conclude a video.
To use one of Camtasia’s premade intros or outros:
- Click the Library tab.
- Click the Intros or Outros dropdown to view the available assets.
- Drag the library asset onto the desired location on the timeline.
To download more library assets, see Download & Install TechSmith Assets. To create your own custom intro or outro, see Create Custom Assets.
Share Your Recording
To share your edited Zoom recording, click Export and select the option that works best for you.
Select Local File to save to your computer or share to another destination like YouTube.
See Export & Share Your Video for details about sharing options.