What is Screencast.com?
Screencast.com is TechSmith's media hosting solution and it works great with Jing.
Jing uses Screencast.com to securely host your content since it's perfect for the kind of images and videos you'll want to make with Jing. We also use Screencast.com so we can give everyone a free, secure hosting option that enables the fastest visual communication possible!
- Is Screencast.com free for Jing users? Yes. We give you 2 GB of storage, and 2 GB of bandwidth per month.
- Is Screencast.com private? Yes. Your content on Screencast.com is your business.
Screencast.com offers a ton of other benefits as well:
- Video and image quality is lossless. That means that Screencast.com doesn't mess with your content. No compression, no loss of quality, no resizing.
- You have great control over the privacy level of your content.
- Allow viewers to comment on your content.
- Screencast.com lets you create MediaRolls and Playlists--a nice way to put a lot of content in one convenient place for viewers--and when you update it, viewers have the option to be automatically notified.
- Screencast.com returns convenient, small links to your content. They're easy to paste or even re-type if someone has to.
- Return embed code automatically. This is great for bloggers or people that want to provide viewers with Jing images or videos right on their site. (As opposed of a user having to click a link and leave the page.)
- Attach files to your content. For example, allow people to view your Jing video and download an accompanying PDF or ZIP file.
- Track the number of times people have viewed your content. You can even sort by what's most or least popular.