Tasks in Manager
In Manager, a task on the Timeline represents the time during the recording when the participant completed each task. Manager allows you to create, play and edit an unlimited number of tasks in each recording.
See the following topics for more information:
Creating a task in Manager is equivalent to logging a task in Observer.
To create a task, you specify a Selection start and end. Manager creates a copy of that section of the recording and stores it in your Tasks folder. Creating a task never alters the original content of your recording.
Tasks can be split into multiple sections to accommodate the actual time the participant worked on the task during the test.
To create tasks in Manager:
- In the Project pane, select a recording.
- Drag the playhead to the starting point for the task and click the Selection Start button .
- Drag the playhead to the ending point for the task and click the Selection End button .
- To preview your selected section of the recording before creating the task, click the Play Selection button .
- If you are not satisfied with your selection, adjust and reset the Selection start and Selection end by dragging them on the Timeline.
- Click the Log Task button or choose Create > Task from Selection. The Task Details dialog box appears.
- Select a defined task or Undefined Task from the dropdown, and then select a task score. Add an optional note about the task. Click OK.
You cannot search for or graph undefined tasks. Add a new task definition to the study configuration and then rename the undefined task to a defined task. Select Edit > Task Definitions to add a task definition to the study configuration in Manager.
Manager provides several ways to edit tasks:
Do the following to edit the duration of a task:
The following are two examples of adding a selection to a task.
Do the following to remove part of a task: