Note: Tools are only available for image captures. Share your video to TechSmith Camtasia to enhance it with annotations and effects.
- Click the Text tool in the Snagit Editor toolbar.
- Select a Quick Style or edit the tool properties to customize the tool. See Tool Properties.
- Click and drag on the Canvas to select the location for your text.
- Type the desired text.
- When you are finished with the Text tool, click the Move tool in the toolbar to select, move, edit, or delete objects you added to your image.
Note: To add text with a background color, border, or arrow, use the Callout Tool.
Edit or Remove Text
To edit or remove text that was added with the Text tool, click to select the text on the Canvas and complete any of the following:
- Change the current text style by clicking a Quick Style or edit the Tool Properties.
- Type to enter text.
- To delete the text, press the Delete key.
Note: To edit text captured in a screenshot or already included in an image, see Grab and Edit Text.
Edit the properties to customize the tool.
- Fill: Change the interior color.
- Outline: Change the color outlining text.
Click the dropdown and select one of the following to set the color:
- Click to select a preset or color from the palette.
- Enter a HEX or RGB value into the field.
- Click the Eyedropper button and then click to select a color from anywhere on the screen.
Click to select a shadow direction. To turn off the shadow, click to deselect the shadow direction.
Advanced Shadow Properties
Click the dropdown arrow to access additional Shadow properties:
- Color: Select a color for the shadow.
- Angle (Windows only): Set the direction of the shadow extending from the tool.
- Distance: Increase/decrease the distance between the tool and the shadow.
- Opacity: Increase/decrease the transparency of the shadow.
- Blur: Increase/decrease the clarity of the shadow.
- Font: Click the dropdown to select a font.
- Font Size: Drag the slider or enter a value to adjust the font size.
- Font Style (Mac Only): Click the dropdown to select the text formatting: Regular, Italic, Bold, Bold Italic. For Windows, see Advanced Font Properties for more formatting options.
- Line Width: Drag the slider or enter a value to adjust the width of the text outline. Set to 0 to remove the outline from the text.
Advanced Font Properties
Click the dropdown arrow to access additional font properties.
- Style: Click to select the text formatting: Bold (Windows), Italic (Windows), Underline, Strikethrough (Mac). For Mac, see Font Style for more formatting options.
- Alignment: Click to select the horizontal or vertical text alignment.
- Padding (Windows only): Adjust the space surrounding the text.
- Opacity: Drag the slider to adjust the text transparency level.
Note: This tutorial is for Snagit version 2023. Previous versions may look or function differently.