Add a picture-in-picture (webcam) video to connect with your viewers. Snagit's picture-in-picture allows you to:
- Display screen and webcam simultaneously in your video.
- Control the size and placement of the webcam video.
- Turn the camera off and on during recording as needed.
Note: For more information on all video recording options, including capture settings and recording dimensions, see Record a Video with Snagit.
- In the Capture window, select the Video tab.
- Click the Capture button or press Print Screen (Windows) or Control+Shift+C (Mac).
- The orange crosshairs appear. Click and drag to select the area to record on the screen or click the Fullscreen button to select the entire screen.
- The Video Recording toolbar appears with a preview of the webcam. Click a button on the toolbar to turn the option on or off before or during recording.
- Webcam: Click the Webcam button to turn webcam recording on or off.
- Webcam options: Click the dropdown to select webcam options:
- Device: Select your computer's built-in or connected webcam.
- Picture-in-Picture placement or Fullscreen: Select the desired placement of the picture-in-picture video, or select Fullscreen to fill the selected recording area with webcam video.
- Aspect Ratio (Windows only): Select 4:3 Standard or 16:9 Widescreen width to height ratio of your webcam recording.
- Shape (Mac only): Select Rectangle, Rounded Rectangle, Square, Rounded Square, or Circle shape for your webcam recording.
- Microphone audio: Record the audio from your computer's built-in microphone or from a connected USB microphone.
- To change the size of the picture-in-picture, drag a corner of the webcam preview in or out.
Tip: You can also click and drag the webcam preview to change the picture-in-picture placement.
- To begin recording, click the Record button or press Shift+F9 (Windows) or Command+Shift+Space (Mac).
- To pause recording, click the Pause button or press Shift+F9 (Windows) or Command+Shift+Space (Mac).
- To stop the recording, click the Stop button or press Shift+F10 (Windows) or Option+Shift+V (Mac).
The capture opens in Snagit Editor where you can preview, edit, and share the capture.
Tip: For a polished video, pause the recording before changing video settings, such as moving the picture-in-picture location.