Add a Picture-in-Picture (webcam) video to connect with your viewers. Snagit’s Picture-in-Picture allows you to:
- Display screen and webcam simultaneously in your video.
- Control the size and placement of the webcam video.
- Turn the camera off and on during recording as needed, or quickly swap between picture-in-picture and fullscreen webcam (Mac only).
Note: For more information on all video recording options, including capture settings and recording dimensions, see Record a Video with Snagit.
- In the Capture window, select the Video tab.
- Click the Capture button or press Print Screen (Windows) or Control+Shift+C (Mac).
- The orange crosshairs appear. Click and drag to select the area to record on the screen or click the Fullscreen button to select the entire screen.
- The Video Recording toolbar appears with a preview of the webcam.
- Click a button on the recording toolbar to turn the option on or off before or during recording.
- Complete any of the following to change the size and position of the webcam video:
- To change the size of the Picture-in-Picture, drag a corner of the webcam preview in or out.
- To change the placement of the Picture-in-Picture, click and drag the webcam preview.
- macOS 13 only: To swap between Picture-in-Picture and fullscreen webcam, click the Fullscreen Webcam or Picture-in-Picture button.
- To begin recording, click the Record button or press Shift+F9 (Windows) or Command+Shift+Space (Mac).
- To pause recording, click the Pause button or press Shift+F9 (Windows) or Command+Shift+Space (Mac).
- To stop the recording, click the Stop button or press Shift+F10 (Windows) or Option+Shift+V (Mac).
The capture opens in Snagit Editor where you can preview and edit your video, combine the video with other clips, and share the final version.
Tip: Pause recording to change video settings.
For a polished video, pause the recording before changing video settings, such as changing the Picture-in-Picture placement.
Note: This tutorial is for Snagit version 2024. Previous versions may look or function differently.