Quickly integrate a video, image, or text with a background in Corner Pin mode. Use corner pinning to:
- Make it look like your video is running on a computer or mobile device screen
- Place an image or text on a moving surface
- Simulate text painted on an angled wall
Pin Media or Text
Complete the following to pin media or text to the canvas to integrate it with a background:
- Drag a video or image onto the timeline to use as the background media.
- Drag a video, image, or text from the Media, Library, or Annotations tab tab to a timeline track above the background media. This will be the foreground media.
- With the foreground media selected, click Corner Pin Mode in the canvas toolbar to enable corner pinning.
- On the canvas, drag a corner of the selected media to the desired position.
Note: Camtasia automatically updates position, skew, rotation, and other properties in the Properties panel.
- Repeat step 4 for the remaining corner handles.
- For precise pinning, use the magnification controls and mode in the canvas toolbar to get a close-up view of corners. See Explore the Canvas.
- Press Control while dragging corners to temporarily disable snapping.
- Add animation to pinned objects to match them to the motion of background video. See Animations In-Depth.
Can’t find Corner Pin Mode?
Corner Pinning is only available in Camtasia 2023.
Get Camtasia 2023