Add Callouts, Shapes, and Text to an Image
This tutorial describes how to use the Drawing Tools to:
- Enhance an image by adding callouts
- Add a shape to an image
- Add text for captures, titles, clarification, or more information
Add a Callout
Callouts are a combination of text and graphic to call attention to an area in an image. Snagit provides several pre-made callout styles to get you started, or you can create your own custom callout. Start by selecting the Tools tab > Callout Tool.
Add a Shape to an Image
Shapes allow you to easily highlight, cover, or even add parts to an image so you can clearly communicate your ideas. Easily customize each shape to match whatever styles you're working with by adjusting the fill, outline and effects.
- In Snagit Editor, select Tools tab > Shape Tool.
- Select a shape style from the Styles Gallery or adjust the Outline, Shadow, and Opacity options to create a custom shape.
- Click and drag on the canvas to draw the shape.
- In Snagit Editor, select Tools tab > Callout Tool.
- Select a text style from the Styles Gallery.
- Click and drag on the canvas to draw the text box.
- Type text in the text box.
- Click the cursor three times to select the text in the text box. The text editing options appear on the Text Edit tab. Change the font, color, formatting, or alignment on this tab.
Continue with Selecting Objects and Areas for Editing