In this tutorial:
Add and customize annotations to point out important details in your video.
- Click Annotations > Callouts or Arrows & Lines subtab.
- Drag an annotation from the tools panel to the timeline or the canvas.
- Double-click the annotation to change the text.
- Click the Properties button to change the font, background color, and more in the properties panel.
- Click and drag the annotation handles on the canvas to change size, position, or rotation.
Shapes and Blur
Add a shape or blur to hide sensitive information in a video. See Blur or Mask a Video.
Note: Some third-party tools can reverse pixelation. Secure confidential information by covering it with a shape rather than blur or pixelation.
- Click Annotations > Shapes or Blur & Highlight subtab.
- Drag a shape or blur option from the tools panel to the canvas.
- Click the Properties button to adjust the shape color or blur intensity in the properties panel.
- Click and drag the shape or blur handles on the canvas to change size, position, or rotation.
Add a sketch motion callout to draw on your video and point out important information.
- Click Annotations > Sketch Motion subtab.
- Drag a sketch motion option from the tools panel to the canvas.
- Click and drag the sketch motion handles on the canvas to change the size, position, and rotation.
- On Camtasia for Windows, click the Properties button and change the Draw Time to adjust the time it takes to draw the callout.
Custom Intro or Title
Introduce a video or scene, or provide a call-to-action for your viewers with an intro and title media.
- To insert space, drag the playhead to the desired location on the timeline. Hold the Shift key and drag the playhead. Camtasia splits the media across all tracks and moves everything to the right of the playhead.
- Add a background:
- Solid Background: Click the Annotations tab and drag a rectangle shape onto the timeline. Drag the handles to cover the canvas. Click the Properties button to edit the color.
- Static Image or Motion Backgrounds: Drag media from the Library or Media Bin onto the timeline.
- Drag the end of the media to adjust the duration to fill the space on the timeline.
- Add text such as the subject of the scene, your company name, or the speaker’s name:
- Click Annotations > Callouts subtab and drag a text callout onto the timeline.
- Double-click the callout on the canvas and enter text.
- Click the Properties button to edit the text properties.
- Add other customizations:
- Drag assets such as your company logo or other visual elements from the Library or Media Bin onto the timeline.
- To add a clickable call-to-action such as a link to subscribe to your newsletter, channel, or social media, see Add Hotspots.
- To animate text or visual elements, see Enhance Your Video Overview.
A lower third is a graphic layered with text located at the bottom portion of the screen. It provides context for the video or reference information such as the speaker’s name and profession.
Add a premade lower third from the Camtasia Library:
- Click the Library tab.
- Select the Camtasia 2022 option from the Library dropdown.
- Double-click the Lower Thirds folder and double-click a lower third asset to preview it.
- Drag a lower third to the timeline or the canvas.
- Click the Properties button to change color, text, and more in the properties panel.
To learn how to edit premade lower thirds or to create your own, see Create Custom Assets.
Apply a Theme to an Annotation
When you work with annotations, callouts, or text in a project, easily apply your theme to change the look and feel.
- Click to select the annotation on the timeline or the canvas.
- Click the Properties button to open the properties panel.
- Select a theme from the dropdown.
See Build Your Color Palette to learn more about Camtasia Themes.