Drag an audio clip from the Clip Bin onto the Audio 1, Audio 2, Audio 3, or PIP Audio Tracks. Or, right-click on an audio clip and select Add to Track > Audio 1, Audio 2, Audio 3, or PIP Audio.
To add audio only to the Audio 1 or PIP audio tracks, you must unlink the audio and video tracks.
Unlink the Audio and Video Tracks
By default, the Audio 1 and Video 1 and the PIP Audio and PIP Video tracks are linked. To edit the video and audio components separately, click the Link icon to unlink the video and audio clips:
Move Audio Clips on the Timeline
You can add or move audio clips between the Audio 1, Audio 2, Audio 3, and PIP Audio tracks.
- To move an audio clip to another track, click and drag the clip to the desired track.
To move an audio clip to or from the Audio 1 track or the PIP Audio track, you must unlink the audio and video tracks.
- To move an audio clip to a new position on the current track, click and drag a clip along the track to the desired position.
- To move all clips on a track and maintain the spacing between clips, hold down the <SHIFT> key and drag the clips along the track. All clips to the right of the selected clip shift.
Basic Audio Editing
The following options apply to all audio tracks (Audio 1, Audio 2, Audio 3, PIP Audio). To apply to a particular track only, lock the audio tracks that you do not want to edit.
- Fade In /Fade Out : The speed of the fade depends on the size of the selection.
- Volume Up : Increases the volume of all audio on the Timeline by 25%.
- Volume Down : Decrease the volume of all audio on the Timeline by 25%.
- Replace with Silence : Mutes the audio selection on the Timeline. Unlike the delete or cut options, this option does not remove any of the existing waveform.
To apply an audio option
- Lock the audio tracks (Audio 1, Audio 2, Audio 3, or PIP Audio) that you do not want to apply the option to.
- Drag the seek bar across the Timeline to make a selection. You do not need to make a selection to apply the Volume Up or Volume Down options.
- Click the audio option on the Timeline toolbar.
Save Audio as MP3 or WAV File
File > Save Audio As > MP3 or WAV
The Save Audio As option combines all audio on the Timeline into one audio file. Use this option to make a backup of the audio or to create a soundtrack to import into another application.