Flash Hotspot Callouts
Add a Flash hotspot to a callout to add interactivity within a produced Flash video. Use Flash hotspots to:
- Direct customers to a link to download your software.
- Show viewers websites in a new browser window.
- Demonstrate examples through hyperlinks in the callout.
- Take viewers to specific markers within the video.
- Allow viewers to replay a section in the video.
To include a Flash Hotspot in your video, you must produce to the Flash output (MPEG-4 or SWF).
- In the Task List, select Callouts.
- The Callout Properties pane appears. Position the playhead on the Timeline.
- Click the Add Callout button .
- Select a Transparent Hotspot from the Type dropdown.
- To include text in the callout, enter text into the text box.
- Select the callout Properties.
- Enable the Make Flash Hotspot option and click the Flash Hotspot Properties button.
- The Flash Hotspot Properties dialog appears. Select the Flash Hotspot Properties and click OK.
- To resize the callout in the Preview Window, click and drag on a black handle on the rectangle around the callout. Or, enter a Width and Height into the fields on the Callout Properties pane.
- To move the callout, drag the callout in the Preview Window to a new location or enter a x-coordinate and y-coordinate into the X and Y fields.
- Click Finished.
Flash Hotspots Properties
- Pause at end of callout: The viewer must click the callout to continue viewing the video.
- Click to continue: The viewer must click the callout to continue viewing the video.
- Go to frame at time: The video jumps to a marker in the video. Select a marker from the dropdown to jump to.
- Jump to URL: Opens the Web page. Enable the Open URL in new browser window to open the Web page in a separate window.