Save PowerPoint Slides as Images
Want more flexibility in recording PowerPoint presentations? Learn an alternative method for recording your PowerPoint presentations.
You can save PowerPoint slides as images to import into Camtasia Studio. If you make a mistake in the voice narration or find a typo in a slide, you can easily fix the error without needing to record the entire presentation again.
- Open the PowerPoint presentation.
- If you know the dimensions you plan to produce your Camtasia Studio video as, resize the PowerPoint slides to match. Use the chart below to convert the height and width (in inches) to the output dimensions (in pixels) for the final video.
For example, if you plan to produce the final video at 640 x 480 pixels, enter 6.67 in the Height field and 5 in the Width field.
- In Microsoft PowerPoint® 2007, select Design tab > Page Setup.
- In Microsoft PowerPoint® 2003 and earlier versions, select File > Page Setup.
- To save the slides as images:
- In Microsoft PowerPoint® 2007, select Office button > Save As > PowerPoint Presentation.
- In Microsoft PowerPoint® 2003 and earlier versions, select File > Save As.
Pixels to Inches Conversion
Record a PowerPoint Presentation without the Add-in
After you save the PowerPoint slides as individual images, you can create the presentation in Camtasia Studio.
- In Camtasia Studio, select Import Media.
- Select the image files saved from the PowerPoint presentation and click Open.
- The images of the slides import into the Clip Bin. Drag the images onto the Timeline in the desired sequence.
- The Project Settings dialog appears. Enter the dimensions into the Width and Height fields and click OK.
- In the Task List, select Voice narration.
- Begin recording voice narration. Click the Extend Current Frame button to extend the slide’s duration to match the voice narration.
- Click Finished.